Monday, September 22, 2014

This is a No-Frills Post!

Hey, all!

Studying-- for test week, once again-- makes me want to blog. I've been modifying my favorites, incorporating flavors in a healthful way, and sticking with that T25 workout plan. I haven't missed a day yet, and boy can I see and feel a difference in my body. More details on that soon!

Today I give you one of my favorite new things... sesame chicken flavors added to an all-veggie side dish. I just stole some ingredients from another recipe I love and put them on mushrooms, broccoli, and edamame. You could use just about any veggies in this-- it would be fantastic on a pre-cut bag of frozen stir fry veggies, for sure. Use what you have on hand.

Sesame Sauce for Stir Fry Veggies:
  • 1 tsp. Sesame Chili Oil (use regular sesame oil if you don't like it too spicy)
  • 2 Tbsp. Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
  • 1 tsp. Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. Grated Ginger (I buy it in the pre-grated tube. So, so easy.)
Directions: At medium/high heat, saute the garlic and ginger in the sesame oil, soy sauce, and vinegar, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add the softer veggies (mushrooms) and cook until warmed through. Then, add the other veggies, reducing the sauce as they cook. Sprinkle in the brown sugar at the very end.

Optional: Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds for extra crunch!

Tonight I paired this with baked fish. In total, it was around 400 Calories. Boom!

Okay, this is pathetic. Somebody PLEASE get me a food photography tutor!


Adios, amigos. This short-and-sweet blog post brought to you by the Brain & Behavior midterm.
Kristin

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment