Monday, September 1, 2014

T25--Get it Done, Day 1

Hello friends! I hope you've all had a great Labor Day weekend. As promised, this post will mark the start of a new fitness/spiritual journey for me. In light of our impending wedding, and because I want to bust through a recent (and long-enduring) weight loss plateau, I have started on the T25 fitness plan. And day one is DONE!


See? Crossing this thing off was VERY satisfying.

 I have to say, I wasn't too sure about beginning T25 today, after a weekend of unhealthy eating, long car rides, fun in the sun on the lake, and not working out. Translation? I am tired. However, my motivation is at an all-time high. Like I said in a previous post, it's honoring to God to take care of our bodies, and as a future physician I have got to get mine in tip-top shape! That way, I can tell my patients that I did it, so they can do it too. After smoking, extra weight is one of the most preventable health risks my professors like to talk about. I am going to do all I can to be fit and active-- for me, for Kevin, for our future kids, for my patients, and most of all, for the God who created this amazing energy-factory.

A bit of background on this journey-- I began getting more fit and healthy (again) last January. Isn't it always the way that we fallible humans have to learn lessons a few times? So one of mine is living healthfully. Anyway, through increasing my exercise, decreasing my Calorie intake, and improving the quality of the foods I was eating, I lost 20lbs. in about 2 months. Then... I stayed at that weight. I would fluctuate a few pounds up and down, but haven't had a net loss since. That, my friends, is what we call a plateau, and it's time I shattered it, don't you think!?

So, motivation? Check. We got home from the lake and it was time for the first workout: Cardio. Here are my impressions:
  • Shaun T, you are great. So motivating. Well-researched. 
  • The workout definitely got me huffing and puffing, and sweaty! I did the modified moves about 1/2 the time and still got a great workout in. 
  • 25 minutes goes by fast. This part of the plan is going to be wonderful for my medical-student schedule. Just as the program boasts... I no longer have any excuses. :)
I love it so far! Speed 1.0 is up for tomorrow morning. I'll be doing most of these workouts in the AM to boost my energy for the long days of studying. 

Tonight I spent quite a bit of time prepping food for the week. Shaun T has a great 5-day kickstarter meal plan, as well as a set of recipes to accompany his program. I'll be logging about 1,200 Cal/day-- all really wholesome, healthy foods. To maintain honesty with you blog readers, I need to add that I'll be implementing the Shakeology supplement, just to try it out. I get to taste all the yummy-sounding recipes starting tomorrow!


[Please note, I have no fiscal investment in my posts to date, so this isn't a plug for any of these programs-- just an honest review.]


So on the docket in the morning is weighing in, measuring, and getting on to Speed 1.0. I'm excited to keep you all posted on how it goes. We're starting a new module in the morning, which I'm excited for as well. Plus Kevin and I got some furniture for our apartment this weekend! I'm jealous that he gets to use it all the time until I move in after the wedding.


Wahoo! So cute! And comfy! And FREE!
I have this underlying feeling that God is about to pour out some major lessons on me! Stay tuned and hold onto your hats for all of that, guys. I can't wait to see what He has in store for me. He's so loving, kind, good, wise, faithful and fiercely mighty.

In Him,
Kristin

“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”-C.S. Lewis, about Aslan the Lion [Which means this is ultimately about Christ!]

No comments:

Post a Comment