Monday, August 25, 2014

A Quick Little Update

Readers,

The musculoskeletal test is tomorrow and I'm in a study/cram/second-guess-myself frenzy! However, I've got a short little tip for ya: 

Soft-Boiled Eggs. Yes, soft-boiled! I love me some over-easy eggs in the morning, since they're such a great source of protein and a few healthy fats. I've finally gotten over my temporary distaste for eggs after our trip to Bolivia in July, where we ate eggs [EVERY] day, so it's time for a new batch-- to wake up my brain for the test tomorrow AM.

The instructions are as follows...

  • Boil 3/4 a medium pot full of water, with about 3 capfuls of white vinegar added
 
  • Add 5-6 eggs, boil for 4-6 minutes, depending on how runny/firm you like your yolks
 
  • Immediately after they boil, add the eggs to a nice ice bath


After they cool, these are ready to enjoy-- add to a salad or toast, make huevos rancheros (mmmmm, salsa), or just sprinkle with salt and pepper!

The aftermath. Can't wait to eat these later.
 
The puppies wanted some eggs, too! Or they're just attention seekers (definitely the latter)


Stay tuned for more posts after test week. I'm prepping for a major fitness adventure, so you'll get to know me reeeeally well as I post the highs and lows of that for the next few months! Praying God does big things in my heart-- did you know taking care of our bodies is an important part of honoring Him? I'm learning that.

Enjoy your eggs, eggheads! [Heehee, med students are major eggheads!]

Kristin

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Last night's gorgeous sunset. Don't worry, I had the car stopped.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment